Reinventing the wheel
March 28, 2024, 02:35:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Members Tags Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Google Bookmarks MSN Live Spurl Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Sir Ciuly  (Read 11135 times)
rionroc
Good users

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »

Do you have any faster code than that code, I mean the fastest file_search for you? can you update that, please.  I hope the code is Delphi.

http://www.ciuly.com/delphi/MultiThreadedFileSearch.zip

thanks
 Grin

(^_^)
Reinventing the wheel
« on: June 08, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »

ciuly
Administrator
Good users

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 10:48:19 PM »

if you want to get it faster you will need to play with the windows indexing service which is a totally different piece of work and many pc's dont' even have it enabled. mine included.
rionroc
Good users

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 10:10:02 PM »

What about using TMultiReadExclusiveWriteSynchroniser?
If that will be added to your code, it will gain more speed performance?

Thanks for the programmers dad(ciuly) picture.
 Cool

(^_^)
ciuly
Administrator
Good users

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 09:34:50 AM »

try it out and measure the performance gain Wink
rionroc
Good users

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 04:57:21 PM »

Ok

I have a code that is faster than your code, but can you modify it and add custom number of threads to run?
I will send you the code at your private box.
Can you modify the code for me, and send it back after doing it.

Thanks

(^_^)
ciuly
Administrator
Good users

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:48:23 AM »

you most likely missunderstand my way of helping. What you are asking falls into the category "do this for me" which I do if I get paid.
Whom I help, with what and when, for free, I decide on my own. If you remember, I made a section on this forum for helping on delphi related problems: http://forum.ciuly.com/index.php?board=23.0 however, as you can see, that board is now closed for posting. I thought it's pretty obvious that I am not helping out on any problem for free on this forum.
This forum was created with one thing in mind: feedback on MY code. not modifying my code to suit your needs but fixing bugs in my code or maybe just a place for somebody to write "great stuff".

I think I told you before that I do not have time to help out for free. There are a lot of things I have t do for myself that I don't get paidf for so I'd rather do those.
When my financial problems will go away and I will have time yet again to help people for free, I will do it and most likely I will do it on the new delphipages clone site that will be launched in the near future.
But one thing is for sure, this forum does not have the exposure needed for this kind of activity and right now I'm not interested in giving it such exposure.

I hope you understand.
Reinventing the wheel

Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: